Monday, July 11, 2011

Half Marathon!!

In the spring I set a goal. I decided I was going to run a half marathon. My mom helped me find a training schedule and a half marathon to sign up for. I started training in April and I ran my half marathon on July 9th. I ran the Hobbler Half in Spring ville. It was a really nice downhill course in the canyon. I would definitely run it again and I think it's a good thing that I enjoyed my first half marathon. (I can see myself doing more) My time was 1 hour and 59 minutes. My mom ran it too but she was far ahead of me. We stayed with my Uncle Jake who lives just around the corner from the finish line. I couldn't have done it without my dad, Jake and my mom cheering me on. My new goal is to work on my speed for cross country so I can make the varsity team again this year.

3 comments:

Josh and Kaleena said...

Way to Go Chalisse! You are awesome! I'm so proud, (but still jealous too!) Maybe next year, but then you'll waste me!

Cherilee said...

Chalisse you are awesome! Keep up the running and swimming!

Jensen said...

ya sis