Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dad!!!! Theres a Mouse in the Bunny Barn!!!!!!!

So one day Jensen and I went out to feed the bunny's. We heard a scratch and a squeak . Jensen and I immediately started freaking out. We thought it was a bird. Then, Jensen saw a little black head come out from the insulation. We ran into the house screaming Dad!!!!! There's a mouse!!!!! Later dad and mom told us to go clean the barn so we did. Jensen told me to take the nesting box out so we could sweep the floor. I thought the mouse could possibly be in there so I scooted it out with the broom and as soon as the box moved, the mouse jumped out and scurried away. Jensen and I ran away screaming, " Dad!!! Dad!! We saw the mouse." We are getting some poison from the store but we are still scared to go out to feed our animals.

3 comments:

Josh and Kaleena said...

I'm so sorry! I hate mice! The first year that Josh I were in our apartment, there was a mouse living in a pumpkin we carved for Halloween, so I made Josh throw it away.

Bonnie said...

This reminds me of when I was teaching a foods class at South Jordan Middle School. We had dirty dish towels, wash cloths, and aprons that needed to be washed after every cooking class. One day when I opened the washer to put the wet items into the dryer, I found a mouse in the washer. The mouse looked like it had been smashed flat from the centrifugal force of being spun between the clothes. My students had a good laugh because my first reflex was to scream at full volume....at just a little smashed flat mouse. I had to have the custodian come and get it out of the washer and then I washed the load over twice with a lot of Clorox bleach to make sure we didn't catch any Hanta virus
from it.

Cherilee said...

Ha- ha! Yep that about sums it up. Only you forgot to tell about the next two days that you made mom go out and check for mice. Just wait until you are the mom and have to go brave the way for your kids.